Looking for a high-protein vegan dinner that is also low-calorie, gluten-free, and comes together in just 30 minutes? This Italian Stuffed
Portabella Mushroom brings together the robust flavors of sun-dried tomatoes, fresh herbs, and hearty tofu to create a culinary delight that’s as nutritious as it is delicious!
Whether you’re a long-time vegan or just looking to incorporate more plant-based options into your meals, this recipe is sure to please your palate and support your protein needs.
Stuffed Mushroom Nutrition Facts
- Calories: 252 per serving
- Fats: 8g per serving
- Carbohydrates: 27g per serving
- Protein: 24g per serving
- Dietary Labels: Gluten-Free (GF), Vegan (V)
Stuffed Mushroom Recipe Overview
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Serves: 4
Stuffed Mushroom Ingredients
- 4 large portabella mushrooms
- 12 oz. (350g) extra firm tofu
- 1 cup (54g) sun dried tomatoes in oil, drained
- ½ cup (25g) packed fresh basil leaves
- ¼ cup (13g) packed fresh parsley
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp. nutritional yeast
- Juice of ½ lemon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 8 cups mixed salad leaves
Vegan Mushroom Instructions
- Start by preheating your oven to 350°F (180°C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Clean the portabella mushrooms and remove their stems, then place them cap-side down on the baking sheet.
- In a food processor, combine sun-dried tomatoes, basil, parsley, garlic, nutritional yeast, and lemon juice. Add salt and pepper. Pulse until it forms a chunky paste.
- Cut the tofu into large cubes and add to the food processor. Pulse until the mixture has a crumbly texture.
- Divide the tomato-tofu mixture evenly and fill each mushroom cap.
- Bake the stuffed mushrooms for 18-20 minutes until they are soft and the filling is warm.
Serving Suggestions & Tips
- Serve the stuffed mushrooms with a side salad made from mixed salad leaves and any other favorite salad toppings.
- For the best texture, press the tofu before chopping to remove excess moisture.
- Make sure the filling is not too fine to keep some texture after baking.
This Italian Stuffed Portabella Mushroom recipe is a hearty, gluten-free, and vegan dish that’s rich in flavor and protein, perfect for a satisfying meal. Enjoy the blend of sun-dried tomatoes, herbs, and tofu stuffed in tender mushrooms with a fresh side salad.